Paris is always a good idea! Here are some things to see and do in the City of Light.
It should come as no surprise that Paris has plenty to offer travelers both in summer and winter alike. So, what to do and see in the French capital? Get some metro tickets and let our nifty To Do List inspire you to not miss a single thing in the City of Light.
1. Visit the magnificent Louvre Museum and see the Mona Lisa, Venus de Milo, ancient Egyptian mummies and much, much more.
2. Climb to the top of the Eiffel Tower and discover a restaurant with a transparent floor and magnificent view of Paris!
3. Have a picnic at Champs de Mars. Located at the foot of the Eiffel Tower, the sprawling green space is the ideal place to feel 100% Parisian!
View this post on Instagram
Bom dia!!! Lembrança desse dia maravilhoso com essa família querida e linda que tive o imenso prazer de conhecer. Obrigada @gabitrindade e @danielcavalcanti78 pelas fotos lindas e por autorizar postar ❤️💙 Amei o álbum que vocês fizeram da viagem 😍 #picnicemparis #picnicemparisfleurdujour #picnicemparis2019 #torreeiffel #paris #dicasdeparis #picnic #picnicinparis #parispicnic #piqueniqueemparis #piquenique2019 #fleurdujouraparis #familialinda
4. Have a drink at the Café des Deux Moulins and pretend like you’re in the film Amélie.
6. Stroll around Montmartre and discover a charming district known for its narrow streets and portrait artists.
View this post on Instagram
Самое творческое место в Мире 😉 Тут даже мой портрет нарисовали ☺️ . . . . #france #paris #monmartre #artist #square #view #architecture #city #citylife #church #basilica #basilique #sacrecoeur #travel #travelphotography #travelblogger #travelgram #traveltheworld #travelguide #travelholic #traveller #travellers #traveler
7. Visit the Basilica of the Sacred Heart in Montmartre, overlooking Paris. The square in front of this church offers a spectacular view of the city.
8. Watch the French cancan dancers perform live on stage at the Moulin Rouge, a historic and emblematic venue in the Pigalle district.
9. Shop at Les Halles de Paris, located under the immense canopy in the heart of the city.
10. Enjoy some bucolic moments in the three large greenhouses of the Jardin des Plantes, one of Europe’s most beautiful botanical gardens. Discover also the Menagerie and the National Museum of Natural History known for its evolution gallery!
11. Sip tea on the lovely patio of the Grand Mosque of Paris.
12. Take a cruise on the river Seine to discover the beauty of the quays, bridges and architecture.
13. Visit the mystical Père Lachaise cemetery, the final resting place of many famous painters, writers, musicians and luminaries including Edith Piaf, Oscar Wilde, Chopin and Jim Morrison, among many others.
14. Taste Pierre Hermé’s delicious macaroons in his eponymous shop on the Champs Elysées or in Saint-Germain-des-Près and Le Marias neighborhoods.
16. Visit Palais de Tokyo and the National Museum of Modern Art, where contemporary art stands front and center. Located near the banks of the Seine, the street boasts amazing views of the Eiffel Tower.
17. Stop at the iconic English bookstore Shakespeare and Company on the Left Bank which faces Notre Dame. Don’t forget to ask them to stamp your purchases!
18. Visit the superb Rodin Museum to admire the sculptor’s masterpieces, many of which are inspired by his muse Camille Claudel, as well as the splendid gardens.
19. Picnic at Buttes Chaumont Park, one of Paris’ most beautiful and atypical green spaces complete with bodies of water and plenty of hidden treasures.
20. Visit the Picasso Museum, nestled in a mansion in the Marais. The museum houses an interesting collection of the artist’s work.
21. Take a guided tour of the legendary Opera Garnier, a marvel of nineteenth-century architecture.
22. Have a coffee in the Galerie Vivienne, a gorgeous covered passage filled with shops and eateries.
23. Get spooked in the Catacombs of Paris, arguably the most mysterious place in the city.
24. Take a stroll along the Canal Saint-Martin which you can cross by barge or on foot. The city’s hippest district just might steal your heart.
25. Go shopping in the famous Galeries Lafayette and admire the famous dome.
26. See an exhibition in the Centre Pompidou, an exceptional cultural venue with a gorgeous view of Paris at the top.
27. Walking along the Coulée Verte, an old railway line that is now an elevated promenade.
28. Taste an ice cream from Une glace à Paris and discover the historic, dynamic and charming Marais district.
29. Take a stroll through the 13th arrondissement to admire the street art then stop for a Pho soup in the Asian district.
30. Taste the delicious cakes of Rose Bakery located on the picturesque rue des Martyrs.
31. Visit the flower market at Place Louis Lepine on Île de la Cité.
32. Have a drink on rue de la roquette near Place de la Bastille.
33. A few kilometers from Paris, the magnificent Château de Versailles welcomes you to a journey back in time!