Morocco is an enchanting country full of romance and wonder. Every time you visit, it ignites feelings of awe and mystery for the energetic and colourful excitement of the cities, and the marvellous sensual curves of the desert. There is so much to discover in Morocco, but you can start with these gems to help you make the best of your experience.
1) Take a desert safari adventure If you are the adventurous type and love to have new experiences when you travel. This activity is definitely for you. A camel trip through the desert will allow you to slow down and enjoy the extraordinary views of the Moroccan landscape while getting a small taste of life as a nomad. This is a must when you visit Morocco as it will give you the opportunity to witness the amazing ancient Islamic architecture, eat local food and really get in touch with the best part of travel, opening your mind.
Traditional berber Village in Morocco
2) Play Golf It may come as a surprise to some, but golf is a popular sport to play in Morocco. The enormous expanse of the desert allows for kilometers of land for excellent golf courses. Also, due to the nature of the sport itself, it will allow you to take in the views and appreciate some iconic sites and cities while you play with golfers from all over the world.
Mosque in Casablanca
3) Go to the beach The temperatures in Morocco are warm all year round, peaking in summer months. This means you can go to the beach at any time of year, even if it is just to walk along the shores of the Atlantic Ocean or the Mediterranean Sea. Morocco has some breathtaking beaches because of its remarkably diverse landscape and the variety that two different bodies of water provide. The beaches in Morocco range from large and desert side to cozy white sand with turquoise waters. Don’t miss the opportunity to explore these natural treasures.
Sunny Walk in Essaouira
4) Discover Tangier Tangier is a major city in Morocco located on the western coast of the Strait of Gibraltar. Due to the location of the city, its history is tremendously rich and because of this, it is a real treasure to behold. There are tons of great museums, fantastic beaches and incredible architecture that include inspirations from the Romans, Phoenicians, Greeks, Portuguese, Spanish and the Tunisians! So, if you love to indulge in the engaging stories of history, Tangier will be your paradise.
Moroccan wall decoration
5) Visit Marrakech The ‘Red City’ is a must when you visit Morocco. Not only is there so much to do in the city, it is a great place to stay while exploring the region. Marrakech is within sight of the magnificent Atlas Mountains, so you can do more than just admire them from your hotel room. You could go for an intoxicating trip into the mountains where you will have an intimate experience with the astounding nature of the region. Of course, you can also experience the sights and sounds of the famous city Casablanca, on a day trip from Marrakech. Or, set off to the city Essaouira, where what it lacks in fame, it makes up for in beauty. Don’t forget the city Agidir, where you could finish your trip to Morocco on the beach with a cold drink in your hand.